Friday, January 11, 2008

Happy Baby

In yoga there is a pose called  Ananda Balasana , or Happy Baby pose. You lay on you back and grab the bottoms of you feet with your hands and roll back and forth like a roly poly doll. 

I have my own happy, healthy baby -Helena.

This morning was Helena's two-week check-up. We had great news as she has gained back all the weight she lost last week and is now 8 lbs and 13 oz. That's 3 oz more than her birth weight. That makes me so happy since I really wanted to keep breastfeeding and this confirms that she is getting enough to eat from me. 

The doctor also said her jaundice is going away - another thing showing that breastfeeding is working for her.

Helena also has a few birth marks. One on each eyelid, which will fade, and one on the back of her head where her head and neck meet - just like her mommy. Omar's father and my mother also have birthmarks near the same place.

The doctor answered the page of questions I had - thanks Aunt Margaret and Uncle Victor for the idea of writing questions down. She was patient and kind and assured us we had a healthy baby.

My happy baby.

No comments: