Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Getting that Perfect Picture

Ever since Helena was born, that seems so long ago, I have been trying to get a good picture of her. I really wanted an official picture taken at the hospital, but because of the jaundice and doctor's checking up on Helena we didn't make our appointment and they were gone by the time we got there.
Then I thought about taking her to the Picture People, JCPenny or Sears to get her portraits done, but I am not ready to expose her to all those other kids germs yet. So, I decided to try to take some pictures myself.
I read up on taking baby pictures and got some good hints - natural light, no flash, get close in to the baby's face. This afternoon seemed the perfect time. Helena was alert after her feeding and her eyes were open. So, with the light pouring in from the window, I pulled out a blanket and placed Helena on it in the sunlight. 
Apparently she was ready for her close up.
Helena Kara 1/16/08