Friday, March 14, 2008

You're Never Fully Dressed Without a Smile

This week I returned to work and it's been an adventure!

Wednesday I returned to work for a half day. After 7 days of rehearsing our morning routine, we woke up an hour late. This on top of the stress of returning to work set the stage for mass hystaria in the Latiri house. We were rushing around and Omar had to drop Helena off at daycare I usually do it. I was in tears as Omar toke her and placed her in the car seat. I even ask him to give her back to me so I could hold her more.

After getting ready I got to work early and pumped - something I had skipped at home because I was running so late. I have been pumping for a while using a pump a friend of ours gave me. It worked fine, but I was afraid I would burn out the motor because of how often I'd have to use it so I bought a hefty duty one.

Thursday I added two hours. The morning went well and I even got in an extra feeding before we left for daycare. Helena was asleep when I dropped her off so that made it easier. I did call to see how she was doing - very gassy all day. She came home and we had a nice walk outside with Omar. She fell asleep in the stroller. She had a nice nap and we found a park near the house.
Friday, I stayed the whole day. I'm lucky that work is busy, busy so I wouldn't have too much time to think about Helena. AND being Friday means it's the weekend after 5:30 PM, which means it's Helena time.

No comments: