Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Bitter Sweet Symphony

Monday I turned in my resignation. It's a bitter sweet thing because I love working with Jenni and Carol, but am looking forward to my new position and career direction.

After having Helena the commute to Falls Church everyday took on new meaning. Less time for her with me, more time for her at daycare, tired mommy for her when I got home.

So, for the past few weeks, I've been applying and interviewing for positions with companies closer to Silver Spring. I've had the opportunity to meet some great people, learn about different companies in the area and figure out the best position and company for my family and career.

Thursday I was offered the position of Marketing Assistant with Reznick Group, P.C. in Bethesda, Md. Our friends Kevin and Cindy Zarcone work there and I've always heard good things about the company so when Cindy sent me a job posting and it was exactly what I was looking for I hoped that I'd get an interview and hopefully the position itself. And I did!

It's an exciting time for the company and I get to be in the middle of it all. I'll continue to work some on internal communications, but now I get to work on external marketing and proposals too.

The office is only 7 miles from home and during rush hour it would only take me about 20 minutes to get home. Plus, the benefits and salary are great too!

Sadly, my last day with Carol and the gang is April 4. It's been great working with them and I'll miss our team. Of course, I plan to keep in touch and send plenty of pictures of our little Helena.

1 comment:

The Tones of the Zarcone's said...

I wish my last day before my maternity leave wasn't April 4th since you are starting on April 7th, but at least you will be nice and settled by the time I come back!

I am so excited to have you join our firm! YEA!

xoxo,
C