Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Milk - It's Everywhere!

So, apparently I didn't read some labels when I went to the grocery store on Sunday. The Morning Glory Veggie Patties I got have not only milk, but also egg in them. All I can say is that I'm glad my goal for this month was to be 100% vegetarian and not 100% vegan because I would be down four dinners since those veggie patties are what I planned to eat this week.

I also learned that margarine has some dairy in it as well, Earth Balance does not contain dairy. While talking to a coworker today, I learned that Roots grocery store in Olney, MD has a large selection of vegan and non-dairy products at prices that beat Safeway and, of course, Whole Foods. I'll have to check it out next grocery trip...and read the labels better!

2 comments:

LoveMuffins said...

vegetarians can eat milk! and eggs! Don't despair! lol. But yeah, at least the goal wasn't vegan =) You're doing great though! I think if I ever tried to do this, I would just end up eating tzatziki the entire week. Not healthy LOL.

Heather said...

I LOVE tzatziki, cheese and can drink a half of gallon of milk in one day. So giving up the dairy is more to make sure I don't go overboard with the dairy and to see if I have any improvement with my sinuses and allergies.

I'm also glad I'm focusing on this one goal and not really trying to do too much at once (the other goals I'll reach are related to eating).