Sunday, February 3, 2008

Rumbly in My Tumbly

Helena has had a bad week. Each morning from about 2:00 am until 9:00 am - longer on some days - she was crying and not sleeping more than 30 minutes at a time. I'm on the night shift with her so by the time we've hit the 4th hour of crying I'm exhausted and crying myself. That's when we wake up Omar and he tries to get her to sleep. 

Well after a whole week of this, I figured out the cause of her pain was her tummy. Friday I called in my Aunt Esther for support because I couldn't figure out how to help her and I was exhausted and to my limit. She got her to sleep by 11:00 am and she slept for a good portion of the day. Aunt Esther also thought that the gassiness was because of the lemonade I've been drinking, so I didn't have any of that Friday night. However, she still had a bad time Friday night. By the way, McDonalds starts serving breakfast at 5:00 am.

Since I was up, I called Grandma at 7:45 am on Saturday to see if it was too early to come over - it wasn't. So off to Grandma's house we went. There Aunt Debbie worked magic and got the gas out of her and she was great the rest of the day and night. 

Last night we had a great night - other than my REALLY noisy neighbors who were playing their music until 7:00 am (thank goodness for my air filter filtering out the noise). I used what I learned, nursing while laying down, the magic leg exercise for gas, getting her to take a pacifier and using co-sleeper and it worked! 

I am So happy because Helena has no more rumblies in her tummy. She is a happy camper too. Twice today she has been awake, happy and smiling while we played - even if she was only awake for 30 minutes each time.

Oh, got to go - she's awake and ready to play.

No comments: